We are looking for the right person to become a part of the team. Please review the listings below to see current vacancies.
Foreman/Job Site Specialist
He/she will be expected to be able to professionally complete most, if not all, the different types of work Gibbs Company does without supervision. He/She is required to have or purchase the tools listed on the required tool list. He/She is also responsible for field training lesser-experienced company workers. He/She is also responsible for completing the final punch list and attempting to pick up the final check and job completion signature for each job he is in charge of.
Laborer / Assemblers
He/She will be expected to learn new and sharpen existing skills from the Foreman as quickly as possible and perform them professionally with limited supervision. He/She must also have or purchase the necessary tools needed listed on the required tool list.
Production Laborers will be part of a crew that goes to job sites to perform job such as raising of a structure, foundation crack repair or waterproofing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather or in buildings with no heating or air conditioning.
- Must keep company work truck & trailer clean & well organized.
- Operate basic hand tools and power tools, i.e. drills, disc grinders, ban saws, etc.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (at least 70 lbs.), walk & stand for long periods of time & perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Must ensure proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Must have the ability to communicate orally & in writing.
- Must not abuse equipment and report equipment that needs service and repair
- Must learn & perform batching out of inventory for jobs.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Steel toed boots
- Suitable attire for the shop- jeans, tee shirt, clothes for cold weather
- Availability to work shift work and over time if needed
- Must be punctual with a strong work ethic
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to lift 70lbs individually
- Ability to communicate orally in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work in all temperatures
- Ability to drive machinery such as Skid Steer and Mini Excavator
This role involves working in the shop, the yard and at customers’ properties. The person in this role will spend time indoors and outdoors, in all seasons. The employee can be exposed to all weather conditions and should be prepared for both weather and allergies (if you have them).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Must follow and support company rules and policies. Must follow company and legislated safety rules and regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Columbia, MO 65201 and St. Louis MO
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Construction: 1 year
Required license or certification: <>·Class E